Monday, August 20, 2007

PROFILE



I've put it off long enough. On September 1, Aperture Foundation will release my book—UNCOVERED: Photographs by Thomas Allen. To make things even better, Chip Kidd wrote the most amazing foreword! On the evening of October 16th, Aperture will host an event in NY that will include a coversation between Chip and myself. At times, it takes everything I have to keep from crawling out of my skin!!!

By the way, the book can be pre-ordered on the D.A.P. site (Aperture's distrubutor).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, well it sounds like you have some anxiety about this, but congrats on the book -- i know i'm not the only one who can't wait to see it!

and btw, YOUR montessori ad concepts are great. :)

11:34 PM  
Blogger Rurality said...

Very exciting! Why doesn't Aperture understand the concept of pre-ordering though?!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tom! This so fantastic. Please keep us informed of all your press. I'll be in NYC a lot this fall. It would be fun to catch you there. I also saw this mentioned in my latest issue of OUT, but they called the book COVER BOY. Weird...

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ward Jenkins said...

CONGRATS, Tom! Fantastic! I can't wait to mention it on Drawn! and on my own blog. Very well deserving!

And I'm with gigi -- I loved your montessori concept and photography. A great idea.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you who live in Los Angeles, you can find Tom's book for sale at OK on 3rd Street: http://www.okstore.la/. Way to go, Tom!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Lily and Jack said...

Hi Thomas,
I am very glad for the release of UNCOVERED and Chip Kidd foreword is great news. I am photo editor in GEO magazine Italy and I appreciate very much your work, I really love it.
Please keep cutting books!
Best.
Paola

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home